Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Learning Time Fun

This picture was taken on March 19th, notice all the snow out the window. It was a long winter this year. It's hard to tell in this picture because of the light coming in the window but those are three snowflakes the kids made. There's a blue, green and orange one. We had an outline of a snowflake and the kids got to practice their scissor skills by cutting small pieces of construction paper. After all the cutting was done they glued them to the snowflake. After they dried I cut them out and we taped them in the window. Theya and Gannon really enjoyed this craft. I had to work with Kalen the entire time to hold his attention long enough to finish. It was fun!
I cut out the face, hat, arms, etc. but the kids put together these fun snowmen. I did not help Gannon at all and look how good he did.


I had to help Kalen again to get him to focus long enough to finish.


I didn't help Theya at all. Notice she wrote her name completely backwards, love it!


Painting the back of paper plates to make apples.



They are all concentrating so hard.







The finished apples with some apple prints they made.



Theya's practice at writing the letter Aa.


The leaf of the apple says, "Keep me as the apple of Your eye; hide me in the shadow of Your wings." Psalm 17:8


Theya has an Alpha-Bakery cookbook and it has a recipe for every letter of the alphabet and the recipes are easy and kid friendly. All of the kids helped make an apple crisp. This is them licking the bowl clean after making it. I couldn't get any pictures during because I was helping them make it.


Theya with the finished Apple Crisp.

Yummy dessert, apple crisp and ice cream! It was so good and better than the recipe I usually make that I'll be using this recipe from now on.


Gannon started losing his ice cream just as I snapped the picture, too funny! He loves to wear his sisters summer hat, silly boy :)

Showing off the animal puppets they made.


Theya made the elephant, Kalen made the cat and Gannon made the lion. They made fun toys for the week.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Kristy, you do such fun things with your kids! You're an inspiration to me:) It's great to see a little of what you've been up to!